Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Heart of Adventure

Bubble Gun
This is a blog of remembrance. I have found that my most intimate times with the Lord are the times when I feel I can not go one more day in my own strength. Only when I'm awakened to my depravity can I experience the all consuming love from the One who loves me wholly and completely. I want my girls to know all that He has done for our family.  I want them to know that their story is really His story weaved through their fragile and fleeting lives. I wanted to post some of my favorite photos of our family over this past year. Being a photographer I have many precious photos of the ordinary mundane moments of our life but also photos capturing adventure and freedom which we all yearn to experience this side of eternity. I wanted to post these photos as a call to remember all He has done and continues to do in our lives.
Gray Sil. Water-1

Hannah Jekyll-1

Hollen -1

JOZY-1

Time: The fleeting moments of the mundane where love transforms ordinary moments into lasting memories. The power of the lens to capture the beauty of life's fleeting moments and to stir up by way of reminder the gifts we have been given by our Lord Jesus Christ through whom all things hold together and have their being. May these photos stir up praise to our Maker and bring joy to our hearts as we look back and remember the fleeting beautiful moments of the ordinary. As we look at these photos may time stand still even for a moment as we remember and give thanks for all He has done.
Etherel Gray-1

Hollen and Gray with Horse-1

Gray on Bike-1

The heart of adventure....
Where fear has no place and God reigns supreme. Where we embrace the joy of the moment and make the most of the time we have been given. All to the praise and glory of our Maker who takes our ordinary moments, however fleeting, and transforms them to oppertunites for eternal impact. Only when we embrace His adventure and live our life for the eternal will we find significance in the temporal. The heart of adventure...where God reigns supreme and where fear hs no hold. Let us run with perserverance the race that is marked out before us.
Meet Lucy-1

Hannah on the Path-1

Worshipping in Water-1

In My Father's Arms-1

1 comment:

Thea Nelson said...

So beautiful! I miss your sweet family and I love your heart to live a rich legacy for those four precious girls!