Thursday, March 8, 2012

With Joyful Expectation

Jozy Walking Down Beach-1
This post was written December 2010 and re-posted March 9, 2011. Exactly one year ago today. I had to re-post it for as I sit here and contemplate all the events we see unfolding in our world I'm reminded that I'm a stranger and alien in a foreign land. As I see all the uncertainty and read the prophesies, I'm once again reminded He is coming again to take me to be with Him where He is and my heart aches for Him to come soon...

The word Revelation means, to unveil, to uncover, to reveal. Something or someone once hidden becoming more visible. The Book of Revelation is the revealing of Jesus Christ, who is coming again in great glory and triumph, as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. It's in essence, His revelation at His second coming, the culmination of events that usher in His Eternal Kingdom and fulfill His eternal promises to all the called, chosen and faithful.
It is my hope that as I try and describe the days and hours leading up to Jocelyn's birth that the Lord would stir an eager expectation within you.

We do not know the day or the hour of the Lord's return but we are to understand the times in which we live and eagerly anticipate His coming. As a mother eagerly awaits the impending birth of her child, with joyful expectation.
Joyful expectation is how I would describe the last few months of pregnancy with Jocelyn. Every kick and contraction brought with it a sense of eager expectation as I anticipated her arrival. I spent my days dreaming of holding her and the moment I would finally meet my little mystery in the making, wondering about her personality and who she would look like. I was in one sense, mourning as she would never again be so close to my heart but wanting her desperately to be in my arms. As the impending arrival approached, so did the reminders of her birth, as my body prepared for her delivery. The pain brought with it joyful expectation and excitement. I would soon behold my precious daughter and for the first time see her as she is, perfectly made. The frame which was once hidden will be made known. The moment of her revelation was at hand. It brought to mind, Jesus' words in Matthew 24, all these are the beginning of birth pains. 24:8 And later on in the chapter, No one knows about that day or hour. 24:36 Therefore, keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 24:42.
This thought came to me during the last few weeks of pregnancy, "As I have eagerly awaited the impending birth of my precious Jocelyn, I should also be joyfully expecting and anticipating the Lord's return."
Revelation comes from the Greek word, Apocalypse, which means to uncover, it would apply to anything which had been covered up so as to be hidden from view, as by a veil of darkness or ignorance. It may also be applied to the disclosing or manifesting of anything which before was obscure or unknown. Barnes Biblical Commentary.
As the birth pains of Christ's arrival draws near my excitement and anticipation should increase. Just as it did with the pain of labor which brought forth joy and completion. As I see the day fast approaching I am...
Anticipating and preparing for Him to come back and take me to be with Him where He is. John: 14:3.
Eagerly awaiting the moment He wipes every tear from my eyes. Revelation 21:4.
Anticipating the moment where He is fully known and I shall behold His face. 1 Corinthians 13:12.
Eagerly anticipating the day where there is no more harm on God's holy mountain, for the whole earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord. Isaiah 11:9.
Looking forward to the day where the groaning of creation is silenced for the Lord will liberate creation from it's bondage and the thorn will be removed from the glorious rose and the thistles will no longer accompany the flowers. Romans 8:18, Genesis 3:18.
Eagerly anticipating the day, when the sons of God are revealed, the redemption of my body and I will look on the outside the way I feel on the inside, as my body will be liberated from the bondage of decay. Romans 8:22.
The day when the King of Kings is revealed in all His glory and takes His rightful place as Lord over all creation. Revelation 19:16
Never again will an infant live but a few days or an old man who does not live out his years. Isaiah 65:20.
Eagerly awaiting for the "Beautiful Exchange" which was completed on the cross, to be fully realized and revealed, as He who was the suffering Servant comes back as King of Kings and His kingdom is established here on earth.

For in this hope we are saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8:24-25.

No comments: