Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Intimate Prayer for Today

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever. Get yourself up on a high mountain, O Zion, bearer of good news, lift up your voice mightily, O Jerusalem, bearer of good news; lift it up, do not fear. Say to the cities of Judah, "Here is your God!" Behold the Lord GOD will come with might, with His arm ruling for Him. Behold, His reward is with Him and His recompense before Him. Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, in His arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes. Isaiah 40:8-11

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to captives and freedom to prisoners; to proclaim the favorable year of the LORD and the day of vengeance of our GOD. Isaiah 61:1-2

The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:5

Jesus is the Word that became flesh and dwelled among us to reveal to us the Truth. John 1:1

Jesus is the One who can set the captive free, proclaim liberty for the one who is a slave to sin. He brings freedom to those who are prisoners to fear and held in bondage to self sufficiency. Right now is the favorable year of the Lord for He has come to bring freedom, hope and life to all who call on His name.

Lord, You are the faithful and true witness, the first born among the dead. The one who was dead but now is alive and seated at the right hand of God, constantly interceding on my behalf. I turn over all my burdens to You. I drop the bags before You that have been weighing me down. These bags were never mine to carry. You are always with me and You are intimately involved in every detail of my life. You are mighty to save and intimate in Your love for me. Fill me with Your peace and this home with your Presence. I ask for Your Word, the Living Water, to rain down on my life and water the areas within me that are parched. May the flowers within me flourish and make for You a beautiful boutique. I acknowledge that I am nothing without You and within me is no good thing apart from You, but Praise be to God, that Your perfection is within me in the form of your Holy Spirit. You are always with me, in me and working through me. May my life be a living testimony to Your grace and Your ability to transform a life, for Your glory. Lord, I have nothing to give You but my heart and I ask for You to take it and mold it and equip me for service. I lay myself before You and ask for You to take all of me and use me to bring glory to Yourself. To love those You put in my path especially those following in my footsteps. I ask for Your Word to come upon me so that I can proclaim the good news to those who are perishing, both physically and mentally. I pray I will get up on a high mountain in my personal life to see past the insignificant and get a broader perspective so I can proclaim all You have done for me. I turn my girls over to You and ask You to give me the wisdom to raise them according to Your Word and for Your glory, trusting in You to do what only You can do, which is transform their little lives with the power of Your Holy Spirit. You, Jesus, who was and who is and who is to come is in complete control of every aspect of my life no matter how out of control it seems. Rain down your eternal Word in my life and water all that you have given me with your grace which is sufficient in my weakness.

No comments: