Friday, October 1, 2010

Inner Stirrings


Post written in 2009

This post is dedicated to all that have lost their lives for the sake of Christ and all that are currently suffering around the world for His name sake. If you are currently suffering for Christ. I would love to hear from you and pray for you.

If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you don't belong to the world but I have chosen you out of the world that is why the world hates you. Jesus' words in John 15:18
The Greek word for hate in this verse is the word, miseo which means "to hate" by having unjustifiable or malicious feelings toward others, whether towards the innocent or by mutual animosity. His name is so powerful that even if we claim we don't believe in Him the very mention of His name has the power to convict people of their insignificance and their sin. Where does this hate come from? It is this very verse that solidifies the cosmic battle.
I want to share a story with you. Imagine a girl who walked in the ways of the world. A girl who wanted those in the world to love and accept her. This girl wanted the love of the world. Compromising personal morals to obtain significance. A girl who was hollow, empty and desolate. A girl who wanted to be loved by everyone but did not want the love of Jesus. A girl who would become angry when anyone questioned her personal belief.
This prodigal was me.
I vividly remember being so offended and angry at the name of the Jesus. It was at the height of my anger that I heard His still small voice.
"Elizabeth, Why are you so angry? What is it about my Name that causes this inward hostility?"
I'm so grateful that He initiated a relationship with me by pointing out the obvious and asking me this very important question. A question that opened my eyes to my anger and depravity. A question that led me to Him, the Name above all names. The One who has the power to save me from myself and turn me into the person I never dreamed I could become. He brought me out of my slavery to sin and made me free and alive in Him.
If you find yourself angry at the name of Jesus, I want to challenge you to ask yourself this question as well, Why am I so angry? Where does this hate come from? Why is it that at the name of other false gods there is no inner stirring or anger within me? If anything, within the genuine believer, there should be an outpouring of love toward those who don't believe. A compassion that propels us to reach out in love. For if we truly believe what the Bible tells us about heaven and hell out of our great compassion we should proclaim the good news of Salvation to those who are perishing. For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whomsoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16. This love should be manifested and lived out in the believer of Jesus. For His love abounds within us.Why do we see such a vicious attack against those who believe who are reaching out in love? Jesus tells us in John 16:2-3, the hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering a service to God. These things they do because they have not known the Father or Me.
You see, His name is so powerful that even if we claim we don't believe in Him the very mention of His name has the power to convict people of their insignificance and their sin. His name is so powerful that it causes something within us to stir.
Here is the good news, no matter where you are today, Jesus loves you and wants a relationship with you. If you, like me, have walked in the ways of the world and have denied Him and his offer of salvation but still have breath in your lungs it is not too late to turn to Him and receive forgiveness and restoration. He desires for you to come to know Him. Our salvation requires nothing from us but submission to Him and accepting His sacrifice that is available to all who believe. His blood poured out to bring life to those who walk in darkness.. His name is so powerful that it causes something within us to stir.Yeshua

Picture above taken by me at the Colosseum in Rome, Italy.

No comments: