Saturday, July 24, 2010

Darkest Hour of Night


Post written in the fall of 2009. The post is more applicable today than the day I wrote it. I thought I would re-post my thoughts as I have been again struggling with fear of the unknown. Praise God we worship Him who knows the end from the beginning and promises to be with us. I love the verse in Isaiah that states, He is with the first generation and He will be with the last generation. It brings me comfort when I look at my three precious girls and think what life might be like for them. I love them so much and will do anything to protect them but as much as I love them, He loves them more. They are His, entrusted to me, to raise to the glory of God.

It's been awhile, hasn't it? Life has gotten busy and in the midst of the busyness I have lost my footing and focus. I have allowed everyday life to soak up my creativity and steal away precious moments with my God. Life has gotten louder and in the brief moments of silence my fears have screamed at me.
I have been honest with you in previous posts that I struggle with fear. Fear of things not seen. I have also mentioned in the post, Fear of Things Unseen, that fear is a form of worship, for what I fear will be what I will eventually bow down to. If it is a fear of the spirit world, I will give the enemy power over my life that is not due him. And if I'm fearing all the evil in the world than I am in fact denying, He who lives in me is greater than he who is in the world and I am worshiping and giving power to the enemy of the Living God.
If it is fear of pain, which I also struggle with, then I will keep myself from situations that will result in me feeling uncomfortable or pain. I will build up a wall around my heart to keep from feeling anything at all.
I want to share with you what I have been wrestling with so that you can be encouraged to stand firm on the promises of God in the midst of all we see taking place within our country and in the world. I personally feel a sense of urgency and a call to repentance for our Salvation is about to break forth like the dawn but just as the darkest hour of night is right before dawn, I feel like our darkest hour is yet to come. We need to be praying for strength to endure the night and determine before hand, to fear God not man. Praying our house will not be broken into during this dark hour of night and when the thief comes we will be found faithful and sensible. For Jesus' words in Matthew 24:42-46 are to the expecting and the unsuspecting servants, "Therefore, be on the alert for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will. Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes."
What is the coming of Christ compared to? The coming of Christ is compared to as a thief in the night. A thief that comes to the expecting and the unsuspecting. A thief that comes in the darkest hour of night when mockers are mocking and following after their own lusts. 2 Peter 3:3. An hour when the faithful are working and watching for His glorious appearing.
Who is the faithful servant? The faithful servant, according to Jesus, is the servant who is watching, waiting and working. A servant whom is feeding the household of God, the church, with spiritual food and nourishment. The servant who goes into the dark places and allows the Lord's brilliant light of Salvation to break forth like the dawn to people who are walking in darkness. We must have a heart to bring the Light of the world into the dark places of humanity and not be ashamed of the Gospel and of Him who opens eyes that are blind and ears so they can hear. It is only in the name of Jesus that the light breaks forth like the dawn. It is during the darkest hour of night that our light shines the brightest. It is the light of Christ that exposes sin for the sake of freedom and brings people out of the darkness and into His glorious light.
I'm watching, waiting and working.....

No comments: