Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sustain Them

This prayer was written for the families and their beautiful babies in the NICU.

O LORD, you go before me and behind me. You know when I sit down and when I stand up. I can never escape from your Spirit nor can I get away from your love!
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous-how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every day was laid out before a single day had passed.
O God listen to my cry! Hear my prayer! From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, to a rock that is higher than I. For you are my safe refuge, a mighty fortress in my time of need.
Psalm 61:1-2,3 139:2,5,7-8, 13-16
Lord, you create life and give it purpose and meaning. You created me and the little one you have blessed me with for a divine purpose. Sustain us by your mighty right hand for your arm is not too short to save.

Because you are with me, I will not fear.

Picture above: Hollen at the beach.

No comments: