Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Why are You Running?

This is a prayer for our culture. This is a journal entry written in August 2006. This prayer was taken from Joel, Isaiah, Jeremiah and John. It was written from the heart during a time of personal distress over the spiritual condition of this country.

Return, Return, even now Return. Return to me and I will Return to you. Even Now! Do not be afraid! Do not run! Why are you running? Why are you trembling? Do you not know? Have you not heard? I am the LORD there is no other. Yes, I am mighty and powerful and holy but I love you. I sent my son to die for you. While you were dead in your sin. While you were fiercely set against me my Son died for you. It's not too late to turn back. Turn back now! I know all you have done or will do but I still love you! I have more to offer you than the world. I want to shower you with my love and favor. I will never leave you for another love. Please don't leave me for another. I love to shower you with my love and blessing. I accept you for who you are but you don't accept me.

Why? Why are you not returning? Don't you know that the pleasures of this world, the very pleasures you are seeking, will bring destruction? Don't you know that the freedoms the world promises always brings bondage?

Only I can give you the freedom that you desire. Slow down! Stop running. Sit with me. Give me a chance to win your heart. I am big enough to handle your doubts. I am strong enough to care for you. Open your heart to me. Pour out your pain.

For you I sent my Son to the cross to pay for your sin once and for all, yet you refuse to accept the sacrifice. I led my only Son like a lamb to the slaughter. He went willingly not opening his mouth and yet you still question my love for you. What will it take to get your attention?  Return, Return, Even now Return.......


3 comments:

Mrs B said...

Your girls are absolutley beautiful! And your blog is so lovely...I really like this post. Sometimes it can be hard-as you know with me-but staying with God and in His strength does make all things possible. I could never heal on my own.

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Sometimes its hard to put yourself out there, but when people say "Hey" it helps. :)

God bless

Mrs B said...

Oh, I also meant to tell you that my husband was on the computer and heard your playlist and commented how much he liked it. Just thought I would tell you.

Lindy Simpson Jones said...

amen my friend...amen