Monday, December 1, 2008

Who is it that you are looking for?

As I am writing this I'm not sure what the Lord is going to reveal. I am overwelmed with the love he has for us. Sitting here now I am overcome with emotion for him and all he has done for us.

When the officials and chief priest came to seize Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. Jesus went to them knowing all that was going to happen to him, he asked them, "Who is it you want?"
"Jesus of Nazareth", they replied." I AM HE", Jesus said. Again Jesus asked them, "Who is it you want?" "Jesus of Nazareth", they replied. "I told you I AM HE"... they bound him and took him away. (John 18:4-8)
In three short verses Jesus says "I AM HE" twice. I am the one you are looking for. The one who will go willingly to die for the sins of mankind. For what the leaders of the world plot for evil the Lord orchestrates for good. Jesus was the one they were looking for in the garden to crucify. He is the one we look to to save us from our sin and call Lord. His death and ressurection brings us life. His death brings life. The ultimate paradox.
Death brings Life.
Mary Magdalene went to the tomb of Jesus weeping over the death of her Lord, Jesus asked Mary, "woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" (John 20:10-13)
Could Jesus be asking us the same thing..."Liz why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" I AM HE, I AM HE. If your need is great He is Greater! I Am who you are looking for!

I Am the Great I Am
I Am the Great Counselor
I Am your Redeemer
I AM Savior and LORD
I Am who I Am
I Am your Mighty Warrior
I Am the Prince of Peace
I Am King of Kings
I Am Lord of Lords
I Am your Creator
I Am the Lamb of God
You ARE Lord and I am not

When Jesus came to Casarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"
They replied,"some say John the Baptist, other say Elijah, and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets".
"But what about you?", he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Matthew 16:13-15
Who do you say Jesus is? Who is he to you? He desires to be YOUR Great I AM!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Some of my favorites:

God is my refuge
My strong tower
My shelter

The Kelleys said...

Thanks for being so open and obedient to the Lord, Liz. It is a blessing to all those around you. What an example the Lord has made you for us, and what a legacy you are leaving your three princesses. Love you, sellie