Friday, December 26, 2008

A Goodbye

A Call to Remember was the purpose of this blog. A call to remember the Lord's deliverance. A call to look back and ponder the big questions of life. A call to remember not only the times of joy but also the times of sorrow. Why? Why does God call us to a life of remembrance? Because He wants us to remember our intimate moments with him. He wants us to remember and see his fingerprints on our life. After all, our story is really His story. Our life is really about His grace. When we have crossed over the river of sorrow we are called to remember the Lord's faithfulness and deliverance. We are called to know that He not only parts the waters of sorrow but at times he choses to carry us through them. He picks us up and carries us to the other side so not even our feet get wet. He wades through the water and tells us to rest a moment. It is in this carrying that I find myself now.

Death why does it come so easily and quickly for some and others suffer and struggle through it?
I am so thankful for the promises of God and his faithfulness. I am thankful that this life isn't all there is. I am so thankful that my eternal life has begun; that it began when I entered into a relationship with Jesus.

Eternal life is to know God. Eternal life is centered in a relationship with God and Jesus his son. I’m emphasizing this because we see suffering this side of eternity. It is at these moments that I am reminded that the world doesn’t belong to God. The world is sustained by God and we know Jesus is the authority above every authority so we know Jesus has authority over the world and over Satan but it is Satan and his dominions that rule the world this side of eternity. I am so thankful that there is life after death. That God has placed within our hearts the concept of eternity though our earthy bodies give way.

Isaiah tells us that, "Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength." I trust in this promise. I trust that when I am weak I am strong for His power is made perfect in weakness.
I am reminded that this side of eternity is not easy and it is often filled with loss and heartache. Confusion and chaos. I'm so glad that my Savior can identify with my weakness and sympathize with my heartache. After all, he came and dwelled among us. Paul tells us that since we, the children of God, have flesh and blood, he too shared in our humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death-that is the devil- and free us who all our lives were held in slavery by our fear of death. The scripture also tells us that He was tempted in every way and is able to sympathize with our weakness. We know that he suffered greatly for our benefit. All of this he came and endured to have a relationship with us. To be made a merciful and faithful high priest. Who can and does sympathize with our human weakness.

This stone of remembrance is a special stone in honor and memory of my grandmother, Helen Cyganiewicz. My Big Momma. She passed away Christmas day. Please pray for my family. My dad especially. She fought hard to the end and was in distress some of the time. I am so thankful that she is now with Jesus in heaven and has been united with my Papa and her daughter Ronni and son Louis. Most importantly, I am so thankful she arrived there on the day that we celebrate and remember Jesus' birth. She was an amazing woman. She had some gumption. She will always be remembered for her perseverance in life and her great determination.

I treasure every prayer lifted up on behalf of my family.




1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.

Kristin